Ict Banner 1

ICT Help & Advice


Document Name Type Size
How to print from your BYOD pdf0.77MB


What is expected of me when it comes to my laptop and the use of ICT resources at school?

You are expected to bring a fully charged, fully updated laptop to school everyday, and to adhere to Churchlands Acceptable Use Policy when using your laptop and any other ICT resources at school. You are also expected to have at least one full backup of your school work and important files in case something happens to your laptop.

How do I update?

You can find instructions on How to update your laptop in the section above.

What is a back up, and how do perform do one?

A back up is simply another copy of your files stored somewhere other than your laptop Hard drive. This can be in your OneDrive, a USB key or Hard drive (we recommend this) or other cloud storage.

To perform a backup you can manually copy and paste the files into the backup location, or you can use Sync Toy to perform an automated back up of your files.

There are also many other different type of consumer and corporate back up systems. Our recommendations are that unless you are very familiar with the use of these programs, we would recommend that you stick to the use of copy and paste (Manual) and Sync Toy.

What should I do if my laptop is broken?

If your laptop is broken, you will have to have it repaired by the place where you purchased it from. Covering the cost of these repairs is the responsibilities of the family. If you believe another person is a fault, please immediately report the issue to Student Services.

What should I do if my laptop is lost at school?

Please report it immediately to Student Services and the school will do its best to help you find your laptop. We recommend that students store their laptops in their lockers when they are not required for class and to never leave them in an unattended bag. At the end of the day it is up to each student to ensure that they know where their laptop is at all times when at school.

What should I do if I don't have a laptop or my laptop is away for repairs/not working?

There are daily loan units in the library that are available for student use. Please go to the library before school to borrow a laptop for the day. These units are required to be returned at the end of the day. Unfortunately the school is unable to provide students with loan units that they can take home.

What should I do if my laptop isn't working properly?

If your laptop has stopped working properly, please come to the ICT office before school, recess, lunch or after school and we will do our best to help resolve your issue as long as it is within the scope of the Churchlands ICT environment.

If your laptop is no longer booting, for a Full Service Model please log with Stott and Hoare and drop to the front office; for an On Your Own Model, please log with the relevant vendor for repairs.