Founded by Dr Bruce Robinson’s the Fathering Project helps dads build strong bonds with their children through communication and interaction.
For more information visit the Fathering Project website.
- Help fathers realise how important they are in a child’s life and to give them advice on how to encourage their children.
- Encourage fathers to become proactive and get involved early with their children in positive ways
- Reach fathers in their situation: schools, workplaces, community groups.
- Utilise research-based evidence to encourage positive changes in fathers.
- Highlight the strong causal link between good fathering and the reduced incidence of harmful behaviours such as suicide, self-harm and substance abuse.
The Churchlands Dads team aims to offer one activity per term. Events include Dads and kids bowling night and Dads Only information evenings. The “How to approach difficult topics with teenagers” discussion evenings are always well received. Events are promoted via the School’s Featured Events, Churchlands Bytes, emails to parents and the Churchlands P&C Facebook page.