The Foundation is committed to supporting projects that will create better learning places for our students. Our aim is to create an environment that will encourage students to be creative, inquisitive and passionate – somewhere where they will feel comfortable and inspired.
Solar Power to Scholarships Project
The Solar Power to Scholarships Project involves the installation of Photo Voltaic panels at the School which will generate significant savings on electricity costs. These savings will enable the Foundation to offer scholarships and other opportunities to the students and to the School.
Project scope and benefits
Total capital cost of Photo Voltaic panel installation and money the school will have to raise is $475,000. This will provide approximately 36% of the School's power and generate a return on investment of up to 38% per annum or $180,000.
The School will be able to get back the money invested within less that 3 years. Solar Power generates electricity that is clean, renewable and sustainable and therefore, we are excited that we will be contributing to saving the planet.
Scholarships to be considered from the funds raised include the following:
- Leadership Development for High School Students at International Summer School
- Community Participation – World Challenge School Expedition
- General Award for Excellence in Teaching
- The Indigenous Aspiration Initiative
- Academic Recognition Award
- Learning Disability Support
- Sporting Recognition Award
- Vocational Education and Training Support for Financially Challenged
- Music Recognition Award
- University Entrance Scholarship for Financially Challenged
- Arts Recognition Award