The aim of the P&C is to promote community engagement between parents and the school through opportunities to participate in a variety of activities and events. The P&C also provides financial assistance to the school through contributions to a variety of projects some of which are fixed annually such as chaplaincy support.
Meetings are held at 7.30pm on the following Mondays;
- Term 1 Week 5 (26 Feb) and Week 9 (26 Mar)
- Term 2 Week 3 (14 May) and Week 7 (11 June)
- Term 3 Week 3 (30 July) and Week 7 (27 Aug)
- Term 4 Week 3 (22 Oct) and Week 6 (12 Nov)
Meetings take place in the staff room in the main administration building. All members of the school community are welcome to attend, although voting at meetings is limited to financial and ex-officio members. Office bearers are elected at the annual general meeting, which must be held within four months of the end of the financial year (31 December).
The P&C runs a Welcome BBQ in Term 1 to all Year 7 students and their families, Community Art Exhibition in term 2, a Quiz Night and the Good2Grow event during Term 3, and Fathering Project events in terms 2 and 3. New ideas are always welcome.
Remember to like the P&C's Facebook Page for the latest news and events.
The P&C provides information and resources on matters that may help parents available from the WA Council of State School Organisations and other sources.
The P&C receives funding from various sources:
- the voluntary levy included in annual school fees;
- fundraising activities and events, e.g. art show, Good2Grow
- income generated from operating the uniform shop.
Items of major expenditure in 2016 and 17 will be aimed at:
- Providing pastoral care through the Chaplaincy Youthcare Support Service.
- Supporting the expansion of the school e.g. student lockers, shade sails, specialised equipment, UV monitors, health initiatives.
All income is spent to benefit students of the school:
- New equipment for design and technology.
- Installation of student lockers.
- Partially enclosing the indoor outdoor Visual Arts wet area.
- Refurbishment of the main Canteen.
- Installation of shade structure & landscaping between Home Economics and Technology wings.
Music Parents Committee
As a subcommittee of the P&C the Music Parents Committee work together to support teachers and the music program. To find out more visit the Music Community page.