The aim of the P&C is to increase community engagement between parents and the school through opportunities to participate in a variety of activities and events. The P&C also provides financial assistance to the school through contributions to a variety of projects some of which are set at the beginning of each year such as the support for the Youthcare pastoral programs and others are via an application process during the year.
All members of the school community are welcome to attend P&C meetings. Meetings are held on Monday nights in Weeks 3 and 8 of every term.
Time: 7.30pm to 9.00pm
Location: Conference Room (entrance via main administration building) or online via Microsoft Teams.
If you wish to join online please email the Secretary to receive the Teams invitation and please remember to download the App before the meeting.
- Term 3 - 14 August and 4 September
- Term 4 - 30 October and 27 November
The P&C runs several events during the year:
- Welcome BBQ in Term 1 for all Year 7 students and their families
- Quiz Night event in Term 1
- Community Art Exhibition in Term 2
- Fathering Project events in Terms 2 and 3 - to be confirmed
New ideas are always welcome, particularly if you want to help make things happen.
You can follow the P&C Facebook for the latest news and events.
The P&C provides information and resources on matters that may help parents available from the WA Council of State School Organisations and other sources.
The P&C receives funding from various sources:
- The voluntary levy included in annual school fees;
- Fundraising activities and events
- Income generated from operating the uniform shop.
Items of major expenditure over recent years, spent to benefit students & families of the school have been:
- Providing ongoing pastoral care through the Youthcare Chaplaincy service
- Supporting the expansion of the school e.g. school lockers, table tennis tables, seating, shade sails
- Specialist guest speakers
- New equipment for design & technology
- Partially enclosing the Visual Arts wet area
- Refurbishment of the main canteen
- Insurance for all volunteer activities
- Secured bike sheds
- Funding of the new solar panel project with the School Foundation to provide scholarships for deserving students
As a subcommittee of the P&C the Music Parents Committee work together to support teachers and the music program. To find out more visit the Music Community page.