The aim of the P&C is to promote community engagement between parents and the school through opportunities to participate in a variety of activities and events. The P&C also provides financial assistance to the school through contributions to a variety of projects some of which are set at the beginning of each year such as the support for the Youthcare pastoral programs.
Meetings are held at 7:30 pm on Monday nights in weeks 3 & 8 of every term. In 2019:
- Term 1 – 18 February AGM and 25 March
- Term 2 – 13 May and 17 June
- Term 3 – 5 August and 9 September
- Term 4 – 28 October and 2 December
Meetings take place in the Choral studio beside the Concert Hall. All members of the school community are welcome to attend, although voting at meetings is limited to financial and ex-officio members. Office bearers are elected at the annual general meeting, which is the first meeting of the year (18 February) this year preceded by our Sundowner in the Concert Hall foyer
The P&C runs a welcome BBQ in Term 1 for all Year 7 students and their families, a Community Art Exhibition in Term 2, a Quiz night and the Good2Grow event during Term 3, and Fathering Project events in Terms 2 & 3. New ideas are always welcome, particularly if you want to help make things happen.
Remember to like the P&C's Facebook Page for the latest news and events.
The P&C provides information and resources on matters that may help parents available from the WA Council of State School Organisations and other sources.
The P&C receives funding from various sources:
- The voluntary levy included in annual school fees;
- Fundraising activities and events
- Income generated from operating the uniform shop.
Items of major expenditure over recent years, spent to benefit students & families of the school have been:
- Providing ongoing pastoral care through the Youthcare Chaplaincy service
- Supporting the expansion of the school e.g. school lockers, table tennis tables, seating, shade sails
- Specialist guest speakers
- New equipment for design & technology
- Partially enclosing the Visual Arts wet area
- Refurbishment of the main canteen
- Insurance for all volunteer activities
- Secured bike sheds
- Funding of the new solar panel project with the School Foundation to provide scholarships for deserving students
Music Parents Committee
As a subcommittee of the P&C the Music Parents Committee work together to support teachers and the music program. To find out more visit the Music Community page.
P&C Info Brochure