Middle Secondary School believes in providing an engaging and challenging education for all our students. Students are cared for and supported in a welcoming and nurturing environment, and are encouraged to uphold the school’s values of personal, social and environmental responsibility. Our hope is that students will develop a sense of belonging and ultimately strive for personal excellence.
The extensive curriculum offered in Middle Secondary School caters for the different interests of our students and gives them opportunities to study different elective courses. Specialist teachers who are highly skilled in their learning area will provide a range of unique experiences for your child which they may wish to explore further in Senior School.
Resources and strategies used to support your child in Middle Secondary School include:
- Four House Coordinators per year level responsible for pastoral care of students, supported by the Head of Year 9 and 10.
- Specialist staff members including a Careers Advisor, VET Coordinator, EALD Coordinator, Gifted and Talented Teaching and Learning Coordinator, STEM Coordinator, Learning Support Coordinator, School Psychologist, Student Support Officer and Chaplains.
- Weekly meetings to monitor student well-being and the plan for upcoming events.
- Opportunities to study semester based elective subjects.
- Specialist career exploration and engagement programs including parent information nights, Try-A-Trade, Career Development Program and Year 10 Transition Program.
- Student leadership opportunities including elected leadership positions, Y-Lead, RYPEN camp (Rotary) and delegated leadership roles for school activities and events.
- Homework Club every Monday – Wednesday in the library.
Regular assemblies to acknowledge student achievement.
|Middle Secondary Subject Selection Booklet 2020||7.84MB|