Founded by Dr Bruce Robinson the Fathering Project helps dads build strong bonds with their children through communication and interaction.
- Help fathers realise how important they are in a child’s life and to give them advice on how to encourage their children.
- Encourage fathers to become proactive and get involved early with their children in positive ways
- Reach fathers in their situation: schools, workplaces, community groups.
- Utilise research-based evidence to encourage positive changes in fathers.
- Highlight the strong causal link between good fathering and the reduced incidence of harmful behaviours such as suicide, self-harm and substance abuse.
The Churchlands Dad'ss team aims to offer one activity per term. Events include Dads and kids bowling night and Dads Only information evenings. The “How to approach difficult topics with teenagers” discussion evenings are always well received. Events are promoted via the School’s Featured Events, Churchlands Bytes, emails to parents and the Churchlands Facebook and Instagram pages.
This is a call to arms for all fathers or father-like figures. If you want to meet other Dads in the community, get some tips on raising children and help other Dads and like hanging out with blokes, doing fun stuff with your kids, then this is for you. Please sign up here or the QR Code in the flyer below.
We are looking for Dads who want to make a difference in their own families and wider community. As teachers, we have such a small amount of time to influence our students and we are seeing an increasing need to help parents. The Churchlands SHS Dads group is an initiative in partnership with the Fathering Project that acknowledges the difference fathers make in a family and is part of the CSHS Community Engagement strategy.
Please contact Roger Harris if you would like to know more or are interested in being a leader in the Dad’s group. Being a leader will involve a few brief meetings annually where we brainstorm with other leaders and plan activities and events.
|The Fathering Project In Schools Program||1.81MB|
|Join Churchlands SHS Dad's Group||0.34MB|