Vocational Education & Training (VET)
Vocational Education and Training at Churchlands SHS provides Year 11 and 12 students with opportunities to maximise the outcomes of their Secondary Education. VET programs provide secondary school students (both tertiary and vocationally bound) with opportunities to complete part or all of national qualifications while studying towards their WACE. Students can study Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses as well as Subjects.
Students can also get a head start on an Apprenticeship or Traineeship by becoming involved in a Pre Apprenticeship in schools program (PAiS), School Based Traineeship or School Based Apprenticeship when available.
- AUR20716 Certificate II in Automotive
- CHC22015 Certificate II in Community Services
- MEM20413 Certificate II in Engineering
- SIT20316 Certificate II in Hospitality
- CUA20615 Certificate II in Music Industry
- SIS20115 Certificate II in Sport Coaching
- CUA20715 Certificate II in Visual Arts (CAD)
- BSB20120 Certificate II Workplace Skills
- CUA30915 Certificate III in Music Industry
- CUA31115 Certificate III in Visual Arts (CAD)
- BSB40215 Certificate IV in Business
The school utilises external Registered Training Organisations (RTO). They are responsible for the completion of the quality assurance process for the delivery of certificate courses at the Churchlands SHS.
Additional VET qualifications are also delivered through the VET in schools program which is resourced by the State Government. This involves students attending a TAFE or Private Training Provider one day per week as part of their normal school program.
There are many benefits to students who complete nationally recognised qualifications. Completion of these courses may give them direct entry to the next qualification level at a State or Private Training Provider, make them more competitive in the employment market and give them subject equivalence for secondary graduation.