Vocational Education & Training (VET)
Vocational Education and Training at Churchlands SHS provides Year 11 and 12 students with opportunities to maximise the outcomes of their Secondary Education. VET programs provide secondary school students (both tertiary and vocationally bound) with opportunities to complete part or all of national qualifications while studying towards their WACE. Students can study Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses as well as Subjects.
Students can also get a head start on an Apprenticeship or Traineeship by becoming involved in a Pre Apprenticeship in schools program (PAiS), School Based Traineeship or School Based Apprenticeship when available.
- Certificate II in Automotive - AUR20716
- Certificate II in Business - BSB20115
- Certificate II in Community Services - CHC22015
- Certificate II in Engineering - MEM20413
- Certificate II in Hospitality - SIT20316
- Certificate II in Music Industry - CUA20615
- Certificate II in Sport Coaching - SIS20115
- Certificate II in Visual Arts (CAD) - CUA20715
- Certificate III in Business - BSB30115
- Certificate III in Music Industry - CUA30915
- Certificate III in Visual Arts (CAD) - CUA31115
- Certificate IV in Business - BSB40215
The school utilises external Registered Training Organisations (RTO). They are responsible for the completion of the quality assurance process for the delivery of certificate courses at the Churchlands SHS.
Additional VET qualifications are also delivered through the VET in schools program which is resourced by the State Government. This involves students attending a TAFE or Private Training Provider one day per week as part of their normal school program.
There are many benefits to students who complete nationally recognised qualifications. Completion of these courses may give them direct entry to the next qualification level at a State or Private Training Provider, make them more competitive in the employment market and give them subject equivalence for secondary graduation.